October 24, 2012

Durga Puja, Bengal and Indian Railways



A blog post after nearly 2 years.
Its Durga Puja and the luckiest thing one can have during this time is an A/C class ticket in railways to home. Yes I had one – though that was booked 120 days before the journey right at 8 am, but the moment you see even the Sleeper class packed like match boxes with sticks and an A/C Confirmed ticket in your hand, that feeling is awesome. As soon as I got in the bogie I could see that one of the most revered trains in South India – Coromondal Express was bearing a deserted look inside. Though I was initially a bit disappointed but thanks to the attendee who looked after it immediately. Durga Puja and Bengal form a best combo for festivity. As soon as the train smears into Bengal, I could smell the festive aroma. Getting down at Howrah is very special for me. All my childhood memories of travel through Howrah reel in front of my eyes. The liveliness of Howrah attracts me a lot. Literally, one can spend hours watching at the constantly running crowd of Howrah. Here, crowd never reduces; it just gives a message – “Keep Moving on”. I was wondering how all trains are jam packed and people with all pain are travelling just to reach home and enjoy with their beloved, the blessings of Maa Durga. Everyone looked tired but the eagerness to reach home flashed in their eyes and this was the same case with me. All the feeling of happiness in returning to home was intensified with the vigour I could sense on my way. Though I didn’t have the opportunity to visit Kolkata during Durga Puja, the glimpse of the festive mood itself was reverberating.
Wishing everyone a Very Happy Dussehra, Vijaya Dasami and Shubho Bijoya.

1 comment:

Festivity and the Fading Charm

My last post readers would have definitely understood my interest for Durga Puja . I had been waiting for this season since 1 year....