May 25, 2010

Paucity of life Vs Audacity of hope


I was busy on Facebook the last evening when my eyes suddenly got sight of a post by one of my friends – Anant Utkarsh. He posted some pictures under a heading – ‘Paucity of life Vs Audacity of hope’. Well, I was really very upset seeing those pictures as I had a feeling inside me that why should we be sad of something or why should we be depressed for something. We hear many people attempting suicide the other day due to some reasons which in context of them are very heavy but if compared to these are very little or in fact of no point. It was not like I haven’t seen those pictures before. I had a presentation of those pictures which held a thought that we should not waste our food, clothes, shelter which is gifted to us but we do not acknowledge. After seeing those pictures I felt like I am very lucky to have all sorts of happiness with me. I have been provided a nice shelter, good food and no lack of anything and moreover I have parents who are constantly taking care of me, my health and my needs and providing them to their best. I had a very sincere thought that we should see the plight of these people and not only try to help them but also try to induce in ourselves that whatever we have should be respected and we should feel grateful to the god for providing us with all necessary items. So please guys forgive for a very serious thing in my post and start thanking god for wverything we have and whenever you feel low think of someone who is deprived of the thing you have got and get satisfied because a well wisher once said to me…”At some point of time you have to be satisfied with whatever you get…”

5 comments:

  1. Well said!

    'I was really irritated about which shoe to wear - Adidas or Nike, when I saw a man with no feet.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Harsh: Nice comment to think upon.
    I reckon affluence creates poverty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Diorama
    Sometimes serious thoughts are best expressed seriously. You need not apologize.
    The other day, I passed an ice cream to an old beggar woman who was holding her frail hands to me in hunger and I was surprised to see that she didn't know to eat one. Why?! Guess, she never came closer enough even to the luxury of an ice cream.
    Soo much for some and nothing for many. Sorry for trespassing :)

    Moved,
    Raviteja.

    ReplyDelete
  4. why sorry...thanks for commenting all...

    ReplyDelete

Festivity and the Fading Charm

My last post readers would have definitely understood my interest for Durga Puja . I had been waiting for this season since 1 year....